Land of the Pharaohs

I'll be here until December 25.

Thursday, November 16, 2006

I've neglected my blog for several weeks now and I feel bad.
the truth of it is that I haven't been on many adventures lately. My life is mostly just classes and friends and arabic, pretty normal (or atleast as normal as living in cairo gets) so there hasn't been much to update about.

some pictures from when my parents were here:

coptic cairo.


at the pyramids (obviously) it was really bright that day..

This weekend I went to the Khan with my friends and I picked up a nice scarf and some keffiyehs (like the one Arafat wore)


I get an extra day off of classes for Thanksgiving, and I've been talking about going over to Mount Sinai with some friends. I hope it works out because I hear the view is amazing. Also, getting out of this cairo air would surely do my lungs some good.

I have just a little over a month left here now. I miss my bike..

5 Comments:

  • At 9:08 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I see those diesels, Matt. CADx2Craft.

     
  • At 3:55 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I also miss your bike...well, I miss your biker shorts.

    Best of luck in all of your endeavors,
    Kristen M. Marchetti

     
  • At 9:09 PM, Blogger Seth Taylor Garrison said…

    sweet blog name. where'd you come up with such an original one?

     
  • At 9:05 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Hey Matt, It's Carlette!

    Thanks for sending us the card, most excellent. I'm loving the pictures you've posted.

     
  • At 9:33 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    glad to hear you're having a blast...i'm jealous as hell. got a great postcard from you a few weeks back..keep 'em coming -matthew kerchner

     

Post a Comment

<< Home